COVID-19 affects new urban tourism all over the world. The International Journal of Tourism Cities is planning a special issue on “The impact of COVID-19 on tourism cities”:
The coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a lasting impact on communities and the world’s economy for months, if not years, to come. However, some of the first sectors of the economy to bear the brunt of this impact are already tourism, hospitality and travel, with key tourism cities around the world being hardest hit, whilst expected to lead the response to this crisis.
The International Journal of Tourism Cities welcomes submissions in the form of viewpoints, research notes, case studies, literature reviews and research articles for a special issue on “The impact of COVID-19 on tourism cities”.
Articles will also be free to download for 3 months upon publication.
- Potential perspectives may include, among others:
- Resilience of tourism city brands
- Local impact of pandemic on host-guest relationships in tourism cities
- Changes in travel behaviours and responses from tourism cities
- Innovation-based responses by smart tourism cities
- Virtual city tourism perspectives as alternative experiences to physical travel
You can send a 250-word abstract of your submission until 30 September 2020. The full CfP as well as the direct submission link can be found here.